Saturday, August 21, 2010

I think my dog has sleep apnea



We got a new dog a month or so ago, named Ava. And she is the most snorty, nasally beast ever. She's the most dainty looking little puppy, until you scratch her ears or she falls asleep. She wakes me up at night with snoring, actually.

She's a purebred boxer, and despite my better judgment of ever getting another boxer, we still got her. We already had a 2 year old purebred boxer, Maya, but Merlin seemed to think she was lonely and needed a companion. Not that I don't love both dogs or anything, but I think he just wanted a puppy.
A little background on Maya: she ate every single pair of shoes I had at one point, she chewed the railing going up the stairs in our old apartment, she chewed a corner of the wall, she are entire books. This dog, I kid you not, ate an entire frozen chicken one time. Wrapper and all, and she was fine. When we were on vacation in the Queen Charlotte Islands, she somehow got a hold of a box of chocolate exlax and ate it, luckily it didn't seem to kick in until the next morning when we opened up our tent and she ran onto the beach, and you know when you put your thumb on the end of a hose? and the water sprays all over? Well yeah, that was the end result of that, I'm sure you can use your imagination to figure out what I meant by it.
I just need to say that we would have taken her to a vet, had there been one around.

Also, Maya gets EXTREMELY excited when company comes over. I know it's normal for a lot of dogs to get excited when friends or family come over, but she is just SO intense and excited and in your face. So you can probably understand from all this why I was hesitant to get another dog, let alone another boxer.

But we got Ava (the new white puppy) and she's such a good puppy in comparison. I was worried all boxers were these terrible, demon animals, but no, it just happened to be ours. AND Maya seems a lot happier since we got Ava, and they are the best of friends.


So those are our dogs, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment