Friday, August 20, 2010

Finally, my Tetro review!


So after a week or so of testing, I'm finally writing my Tetro Fitted diaper and Tetro Wool Cover review. Seeing as I am selling these as well, I will try to be as unbiased as possible, though I do love them, and use them every night now.
Tetro Fitted Diapers:
When I first got them in, I was super excited. They looked sooo cute! I knew I had to prep them, but I wanted to use them right away. Anyways, I washed them once with 2 hot rinse cycles and once they were dry put them on Lily. I guess it just takes a little getting used to, going from snaps or velcro to a tie-up diaper. But I'm pretty good at it now, I even did a couple changes in the middle of the night in the dark with them, so tying them is definitely not a problem. What I love most about these diapers is that they are adorable. They function really well too.
I did have a couple people concerned with how well they would stay on without a cover, because of the flap being made for EC. Well we didn't have a single problem with the flap coming down, and I also found that I was able to get a tighter fit along the waist with the ties than with some snap up diapers. They were moderately absorbent, Lily isn't a particularly heavy wetter, and they were more than good for through the night. They fit nicely under most diaper covers, like bummis and thirsties, but not my kushies covers, they worked best for us at night time with the Tetro Wool covers though and this is primarily what we use them for now. The one size aspect of them is amazing, because you can adjust the rise and the tie closure to pretty much the smallest baby you could think of! You just have to pull the front flap up as high as you need and fold it into the diaper or just over the ties.
If I could change one thing with them, it would be that the leg elastics don't go all the way around the leg gussets. We didn't have any leaks because I always used a cover, but if someone wasn't using a cover on a baby with really skinny legs, I could see it causing some leakage. But it could be easily solved by using a cover of some sort.


Tetro Wool Covers:
These wool covers changed my whole perception of wool diaper covers. I looove them. Not that I didn't love wool already, but these work wonderfully. When I got them in I was kind of confused because the way the manufacturer had explained them to me was kind of different than how they turned out to be. Which was fine, they were better than I had expected actually. I have to explain them to you and then you can see the pictures below. The wool covers come with buttons down the middle to adjust the rise, and with hook and clasp closures on the waistband, which is really heavy duty and stretchy. There are 4 clasp closures on the waist band making it a pretty good fit for most babies, small or large. And the 4 buttons on the rise are actually pretty diverse sizing leaving lots of room for the Tetro diapers, or the doubler that is made for the wool covers.
Yes, these have a doubler that is made for them. It has another clasp system to secure the doubler in. The doubler is made of 4, 2 layer pieces of organic cotton sewn together. Which is really awesome, because it keeps it in place. The doubler is a little less absorbent than the diapers though and I preferred using the diapers instead of the doublers, but they are a cheaper option if you are on a budget.

Clasps inside cover to hook in doubler.


Doubler

Doubler spread out, all 4 of the layers are sewn together.


Clasps on doubler to hook into cover.

Over-all this is one of my favorite diaper systems I've ever tried. Like I said, it takes a little getting used to, but any mom who has been cloth diapering for a while, or even a little knows it takes some getting used to for any new diaper system. We use them mainly for over-nights and I would and will continue to recommend the fitteds and covers to all moms who want to or already cloth diaper. It was also really easy for my fiance to learn to use this system as well, he actually really likes the system and thinks they're great. And that's coming from a guy who was hesitant to even use cloth diapers at all!! (He's been assimilated :P) Another great thing about these diapers is they are all organic. The diapers are certified organic cotton and the wool is hand loomed especially for the covers, these diapers are all hand made in Poland. The only problem we seem to be having is that after the 4th wash the diapers and doublers began to pill, as you can see in the pictures. It didn't seem to effect their absorbency though and I'm 99% sure it's just because my washing machine is ancient and we're in the market for a new right now. We will have these ready for sale on the website September 13th.

In Action Pictures!!!

2 comments:

  1. We just got some of these. I, like your fiancee don't really dig cloth diapers, but these ones are REALLY cool!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi have you used these with prefolds or other diapers? are they bulky?

    ReplyDelete